Genesis-SMS Update Instructions
- From the main computer with the Genesis Database.
- Logon to the computer with an administrative account.
- Download and save the current Genesis Maintenance Release to a local folder.
- Ensure that ALL Genesis users have logged off and close ANY Genesis programs INCLUDING
Point Of Sale and the Time Clock.
- Double click on “liveupdate324.exe” which was downloaded in step three. If you are running Windows Vista or above right click on on the setup file and select “run as administrator”
- Follow the prompts then click finish.
- Login in to Genesis on that workstation/server and allow the upgrade scripts to run. Note: this step may take several minutes or up to an hour (under certain circumstances) and may make Genesis go into a “not responding” mode. Please do not shut down Genesis as it is still working and will start working once this process is completed.
To Install the client.
- From each pc running Genesis start and logon to the Genesis program.
- You will receive a message that “An updated version of Genesis is available, would you like to continue”?
- Press Yes to continue.
- The updates will then be installed on the workstations.
- If the update does not run properly then you will need to download the install file (or use a flash drive) and follow steps 5 and 6 above to run the setup manually on that pc.
- Remember to restart your Point Of Sale and Time Clock modules.
* If an error is received on the workstations please call Genesis-SMS for assistance.
Toll Free 800-432-7462